All-Natural Food for Dogs
Healthy food for dogs - Direct from our kitchens to yours.
All Natural, All-American, Human Grade
Cooked Meals for Dogs!
Cooked fresh, then frozen preservative free
for delivery right to your door!
Lucky Dog Cuisine
- Top quality "Human Grade" ingredients
- Humanely raised, hormone free, grass fed beef
- Real Cheeses and Yogurts for Calcium
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- Cooked fresh then frozen with no preservatives.
What you don't know about commercial dog food, could be hurting your dog!
All pet parents want what is best for our best friends.
Don't be a victim of "Marketing over Mother Nature"
Even the finest Commercial Dog Foods typically contain:
- 4D - Dead, Diseased, Dying or Disabled Animals
- Pet Grade Ingredients - not fit for human consumption
- even the euthanizing drug Pentobarbital has been found in commercial pet foods
- Plastic and foam packaging from expired meats are accepted in Dog Food
Lucky Dog Cuisine
Not just the best gourmet dog food but the best food for dogs period!
Benefits of feeding a Lucky Dog Cuisine diet!
- Stronger immune system means fewer parasites and infections along with fewer vet visits
- Fewer chronic digestive problems like diarrhea, vomiting and inflammatory bowel disease
- Fewer "hotspots" and ear infections
- Optimizes your dog's weight. Less obesity and arthritis
- No "Doggy Breath" - our food smells great
- Great for "fussy eaters" - with Lucky Dog there is no such thing as a picky dog
- Bugsy's Best Beef & Barley
- Turkey n' Taters (grain free recipe)
- Labels you can read and understand
- Cooked fresh in small batches
- Real cheeses and yogurt for calcium
Food so good, you could eat it too!
Things we should know!
1 in 3 dogs is now diagnosed with cancer.
The first thing an oncologist typically suggests after discovering cancer is to remove all "processed foods" from the diet.
Since the introduction of commercial dog foods the average dog's life span has decreased by roughly 18%.
55% of dogs in America are overweight.
The average 50 pound dog eating traditional commercial dog food will ingest roughly 18 pounds of preservatives in the course of a year.
Who knows best, us or Mother Nature?
Why not just feed Commercial Dog Food?
Despite our best intentions to buy the highest quality food for our dogs the following ingredients are commonly found in traditional commercial foods. (Including "Super Premium and Prescriptive Diets")
- 4D Animals (Dead, Diseased, Dying and Disabled) are allowed in dog food.
- If it contains "meal" (beef meal, chicken meal, etc.) it is the product of the rendering plant.
- "Pet Grade" ingredients are allowed in even the so-called best commercial dog foods. This includes sawdust and blood, tumerous meats and expired meats.
- Moldy grains are allowed in dog food.
- There is an allowance for how much Styrofoam packaging and plastic wrap that is included in commercial dog foods from the "expired meats" from grocery stores.
- The euthanizing drug Pentobarbital has been found by the FDA in dog foods as a result of including euthanized animals in the food.
- Dog food labeling laws allows you to name your food “Joe's Organic Food" even if it contains no organic ingredients.
- No Preservatives added simply means the dog food manufacturer did not include additional preservatives but if the "raw materials" already included preservatives or other non desirable ingredients they have no requirement to disclose that.
If you wouldn't eat it, please don't feed it to your dog!
We are still discovering the many benefits of whole natural foods. A synthetic vitamin will never take the place of a piece of real fruit or a vegetable. Protein in the form of "beef meal", "chicken meal", "fish meal" or any other form of "meal" that has been rendered, denatured and cooked at high temperatures will never be the same as hormone free, fresh meats that have just been cooked gently!
If you were told to bypass the fresh fruit, vegetable and meat section in the grocery store and to go directly to the processed food aisle - "to pick up a bag of people food" - would you think that made sense? You would get to eat only one type of processed, dry food labeled "complete and balanced" for the rest of your life. Would you expect to be healthy? Why do we do this to our beloved dogs?
This is a symptom of "marketing trumping common sense"!
Lucky Dog Cuisine is real food for dogs. We take the mystery out of feeding your best friend. There are no ingredients in our food that you cannot pronounce or have to look up in a chemistry text. No fancy degree is needed to read our labels. We use real food and nothing else. Food so good that you could eat it too. We feel that if you cannot pronounce something, you probably should not be eating it.
All of our meals are made in real kitchens, not processing plants. We actually use pots and pans and bowls just like you do to cook your own dinner. Our bowls are just a lot bigger.
A variety of whole foods makes sense for optimum health and vitality!
Copyright 2011 Lucky Dog Cuisine: Food for Dogs. All Rights Reserved
Jasper Cty, SC
If you were told to bypass the fresh fruit, vegetable and meat section in the grocery store and to go directly to the processed food aisle - "to pick up a bag of people food" - would you think that made sense?
What is Lucky Dog?
- Cooked Meals for Dogs specifically formulated for their unique digestive needs
- Custom ground meats using only muscle meats
- So healthy you could eat it yourself
What is never in Lucky Dog?
- NO DEAD, DISEASED, DYING OR DISABLED ANIMALS
- No Meat Meal of any sort!
The World's Best Dog Food
The ultimate gourmet dog food has now been made available for home delivery. Get Lucky Dog delivered right to your door and enjoy the best dog food according to top ten dog foods website. Not only a gourmet dog food but truly the best dog food and best frozen dog food you can buy. Human grade dog food designed to be easy to use and convenient. Frozen dog food that will have you saying The best dog foods are frozen dog food. Order Lucky Dog today and enjoy great savings with our autoship program and have gourmet dog food delivered right to your door. Quite frankly we consider Lucky Dog Cuisine to be the healthiest dog food available in the world today! Lucky Dog Cuisine, not just the best gourmet dog food but the best dog food period!
Always remember, health comes from the inside out!
Not just the best gourmet dog food.
It's the best dog food period.
Why do we choose to sell primarily online?
We make everything fresh each week. The food we ship you Monday was made in our kitchens the week before.
We want to make sure your dog's food remains frozen. When dealing with retailers we have no way of knowing.
We want to answer your questions. We know most of our clients by name, what type of dogs share their lives and what special needs they might have.
We can help keep our prices down. We don't have to build in profit for retailers and distributors so we pass the savings along to you.
Dr. Patrick Mahaney
& his best friend, Cardiff
"If we feed our dogs whole foods rich in real nutrients, and not synthetic vitamins, then their immune systems will function better at fighting off infection and managing chronic inflammation associated with many common canine illnesses."
Lucky Dog Cuisine
Proud to be the food of choice exclusively recommended by City of Angels, Veterinary Cancer Group.
One of the largest and most comprehensive veterinary oncology practices ever developed to help improve the quality of life for animals with cancer and their families.
Don't wait until something happens to your dog.
Feed "whole foods" now!
Start Lucky Dog Cuisine today!
Lucky Dog Cuisine's new home!
Thank you to all of our loyal customers that have helped us to help dogs live longer and healthier lives by switching to a diet of whole natural, "human grade" food.
Rest assured that despite moving into our new larger kitchens we will continue to cook only in small batches, we just have a little more elbow room now!
According to a recent press release from an Official Pet Food Consumer Advocacy Group, this is what the FDA thinks of traditional commercial pet foods:
“Animal feeds provide a practical outlet for plant and animal byproducts not suitable for human consumption.”
Is that what you want in your dog's food?
Whole Foods or Synthetic Blends - Which would you rather eat?
by Dr. Janice Elenbaas on 01/24/13
The Lowly Potato is the new Superfood
Years ago, people ate real foods. Imagine that! Foods that don't come in a can, jar or tetrapack!
Nutritionists are encouraging all of us to get back to basics. Eating whole, less processed foods is good for us. Those of you who have read any of my articles know that I am constantly saying that "the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts". Scientists have not been able to create a pill or a vitamin or mineral supplement that is as complete as the real thing. Often the body does not even recognize synthetic vitamins and they are not properly absorbed. But unprocessed, whole foods, now that's a different story.
Here's an example. Recent studies conducted by the US Agricultural Research Service have found some interesting benefits of the lowly white potato. People have often categorized potatoes with white pasta or white bread and therefore considered them not nutritious.
Dr. Roy Navarre is a genetist with the ARS in Prosser Washington. His studies showed that potatoes are packed with phenols. Phytochemical profiles revealed an amazing list of flavinoids.
- Quercetin - has anticancer and cardio-protective properties
- Kekoamines - regulate blood pressure
- Carotenoids - protect against cancer
- Luteine and Zeaxanthin - also protect against cancer and macular degeneration
- Caffeic acid - antioxidant
So, white potatoes have been found to have anticancer and cardioprotective properties. Red skinned potatoes and Norkotah (a variety of Russet) contain high amounts of polyphenols in the range of those found in broccoli, spinach and brussel sprouts.
Not only are potatoes loaded with great phenols, they also contain:
- Vitamin C - a powerful anti-imflammatory agent that also helps fight free radicals and increases resistance to infection.
- Vitamin B6 - this anti-oxidant can help prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease by a process called "methylation". This eliminates toxins and a dangerous molecule called homocysteine from damaging blood vessels in the heart.
- Vitamin A, B and Folate - important for brain and nervous system health.
- Potassium, copper, manganese and niacin - help with cardiovascular, urinary tract and digestive system health.
- Fiber - helps protect against colon polyps and cancer. Fiber also slows digestion and aids in maintaining normal blood sugar levels.
All of this was shown in a paper published in Agriculture Research Magazine entitled "Phyochemical Profilers Investigate Potato Benefits", September 2007.
Potatoes now have heart
As we develop methods for testing and researching the properties of whole foods we will continue to find out more about the nature of foods we eat.
It becomes increasingly clear that we need to trust Mother Nature. When we think we can get our nutrition (or our dog's) from a pill, think again. What could be more simple? Loading up on synthetic supplements or eating an apple, or in this case, a potato?
Yours in good health,
Dr Janice Elenbaas
"I just wanted to let you know that my shipment of lucky dog cuisine arrived safely yesterday. This morning, I added a little bit of it into Allie's and Riley's breakfast and they gobbled it up. I was going to heat it as suggested, but I put it in the bowls and turned around to pick them up for heating...and it was gone! The girls definitely approve."
In response to many requests we have moved our blog to the front page.
NO ARSENIC IN LUCKY DOG CUISINE RICE RECIPES
Recently the news has been full of stories about Arsenic in rice, not just in dog food but in the food we eat as well.
Here at Lucky Dog we engaged an independent third party lab to test our rice recipes to make sure they were not only fit for our best friends but fit for human consumption as well.
The results are in and there is no trace of arsenic in any of our rice recipes. Great news for Murphy, Molly and your dogs too.
To see the test results and for more information